What is .locked Virus Ransomware?
.locked Virus Ransomware is an extremely harmful computer malware that belongs to file encrypting family. This dubious threat is a violent Ransomware that can easily intrude your PC without your consent or permission. Once inside, it will encrypt all your important and personal files without your knowledge and make them inaccessible. It will also mark its signature by adding its own extension to the end of the file names. .locked Virus Ransomware will also leave ransom note on your computer to notify you about the encryption. It will ask that your files, videos, audios etc. are encrypted and can only be opened by a private decryption keys. .locked Virus Ransomware will demand huge sum of amount through BitCoin to give you that decryption key. In case you don’t pay the ransom money, it will delete all your files permanently.
.locked Virus Ransomware is able to attack all types of Windows PC. It uses various lucrative methods to intrude your machine but spam email attachments are the best. Hackers send ransomware attached emails with catchy title to hundreds of people in bulk. Most of them get trapped and then this virus start spreading on its own through public Wi-Fi and shared network connection. .locked Virus Ransomware can also get distributed through bundled freeware programs, cracked software, porn sites, torrent files and p2p file sharing. After successful intrusion, it also disable your anti-virus and firewall security due to which you will not be able to remove this infection using your regular security software.
If you are thinking all files will be recovered after you make the payment? Not exactly. .locked Virus Ransomware will still be in control of your system and it will keep tracking your online activities. It is also possible that decryption key may bring more threats and viruses on your machine. It is also possible that all your files get corrupted even after decoding by decryption key. There are a number of scenarios in which .locked Virus Ransomware can make further damage to your PC even after taking your money. So it is really not a good idea to pay money to hackers and you cannot track them because BitCoin is a crypto currency and you will never find the person you send money. If you remove this virus, you can recover your files using any Data recovery software or free decryptor software released by any security company. Thus, we insist that you this guide to remove .locked Virus Ransomware completely from your PC
File Recovery – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- Click on below button to download Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- Once you install this programs, click on “Start Scan” button to detect files.
- After complete detection, click on Recover button to get your files back.
Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From PC
.locked Virus Ransomware infection is a pernicious and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. Keep in mind that this virus may have created its several copies and distributed into different locations on your system under different names. It is quite important to delete all those files to get rid of this nasty .locked Virus Ransomware. Manual Removal can be hectic and take lots of time to detect the threat. So we suggest you to try Automatic Malware scanner to see if it can detect the virus for you which will save your time. Manual process is good but not so effective in most of the cases. Any slight mistake during the process can permanently damage your Operating System.So you should try the Automatic Anti-malware scanner for more accuracy and quick results. The trial version of the software is free to download and scan your computer, but if it detects the malware, you will need to register full version to remove the virus.
Manual Removal Tips
Step 1 – Start PC in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Windows Key and R” buttons together on keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and click OK button.
- You will find “System configuration box” on your screen.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Ok”.
Step 2 – Kill .locked Virus Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “taskmgr” into Run box and click OK button.
- Select unknown process and click on “Go to Details”.
- Select “process” and click on End Process button.
Step 3 – Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From Control Panel
Remove .locked Virus Ransomware from Windows XP
- Click on Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the .locked Virus Ransomware related program from the list and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall .locked Virus Ransomware from Windows Vista
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select .locked Virus Ransomware and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall .locked Virus Ransomware from Windows 7
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program menu click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the .locked Virus Ransomware related malicious program . Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall .locked Virus Ransomware from Windows 8
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all harmful programs installed in your system.
Uninstall .locked Virus Ransomware from Windows 10
- In Start Menu search for Settings Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the .locked Virus Ransomware related malicious program from the list and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Find and delete malicious files generated by Virus in the paths listed below:
Step 5 – Remove .locked Virus Ransomware Extension From Browser
Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From Google Chrome
- Run the Google Chrome browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “More tools” and click on Extensions option.
- Choose the malicious extension and click the “trash can icon”.
Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From Mozilla Firefox
- Run the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “Add-ons” and click on “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-0n and click on the “Remove” button.
Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and Click on More Tools from button from upper right corner.
- Now choose “Extensions” option from drop down menu.
- Choose the unwanted extension and click on “Uninstall” button.
Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From Internet Explorer
- Run the Internet Explorer browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Now you have to select the “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-on and click the “Disable” button.
Step 6 – Remove .locked Virus Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “regedit” in Run Box and click OK button.
- Find and remove all .locked Virus Ransomware related entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.locked Virus Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Remove\.locked Virus Ransomware
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.locked Virus Ransomware
Step 7 – Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted .locked Virus Ransomware Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted .locked Virus Ransomware Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted .locked Virus Ransomware Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted .locked Virus Ransomware Popups on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note :- If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove .locked Virus Ransomware infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose the Automatic Malware Scanner to detect the infection on your computer.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .locked Virus Ransomware In Future
To avoid .locked Virus Ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your system:
– You should always select Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck all hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.