Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware is another very harmful computer infection categorized as file encrypting malware. It is a sneaky malware infection that will come to the PC silently and then encrypt all your important files without permission. After successful encryption, it will add its own extension to the end of all your file names as a signature. It will make your files completely useless and inaccessible. When you will try to open those files, Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware will show warning message. This dubious threat also leave ransom note on your computer in text file format. It will ask that all your encrypted and can only be decoded by using a private decryption key.
Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware will demand a huge ransom money in return of that decryption key. It will also warn the user that if they fail to pay the ransom in the given time, it will delete all the files permanently. This nasty file encrypting malware will demand money through BitCoin due to which you will not be able to identify the person behind this attack. After intruding your PC, Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware will disable your anti-virus and firewall security due to which you will not be able to remove this infection. It is very likely that after paying the ransom money, you will not get your files back. So it is a very idea if you are thinking of paying the ransom money.
Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware mostly intrude your computer through spam email attachments. Many people don’t open unknown or spam emails but hackers are getting smarter. They will send emails that won’t be able to resist. The emails might look like Bank Statements, Credit Card Bills, Some important news and similar but when you will open the attachment, virus will enter your PC. Apart from this, you might also get infected by Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware when you visit porn or torrent sites, download cracked software, install any unknown third party freeware or shareware software. This nasty threat can also get spread through shared network or public Wi-Fi or peer to peer file sharing websites.
Once installed, Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware will encrypt your all types of files including videos, images, audio, doc files, presentation, html, pdf, xml and many more. You should always keep the backup of your important files on cloud storage services like Google Drive, One Drive and others. Once your files are infected, then it is very hard to get them back. Hackers behind this nasty Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware are not interested in unlocking your files. Once you pay the ransom money, you will never hear from them. It is also possible that decryption they give you may bring more threats and viruses on your PC. SO we recommend you to completely remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware from your system and recover your files using any data recovery software or alternative file decryptors.
Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From PC
Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware infection is a pernicious and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. Keep in mind that this virus may have created its several copies and distributed into different locations on your system under different names. It is quite important to delete all those files to get rid of this nasty Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware. Manual Removal can be hectic and take lots of time to detect the threat. So we suggest you to try Automatic Malware scanner to see if it can detect the virus for you which will save your time. Manual process is good but not so effective in most of the cases. Any slight mistake during the process can permanently damage your Operating System.So you should try the Automatic Anti-malware scanner for more accuracy and quick results. The trial version of the software is free to download and scan your computer, but if it detects the malware, you will need to register full version to remove the virus.
Manual Removal Tips
Step 1 – Start PC in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Windows Key and R” buttons together on keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and click OK button.
- You will find “System configuration box” on your screen.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Ok”.
Step 2 – Kill Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “taskmgr” into Run box and click OK button.
- Select unknown process and click on “Go to Details”.
- Select “process” and click on End Process button.
Step 3 – Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From Control Panel
Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware from Windows XP
- Click on Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware related program from the list and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware from Windows Vista
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware from Windows 7
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program menu click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware related malicious program . Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware from Windows 8
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all harmful programs installed in your system.
Uninstall Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware from Windows 10
- In Start Menu search for Settings Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware related malicious program from the list and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Find and delete malicious files generated by Virus in the paths listed below:
Step 5 – Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware Extension From Browser
Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From Google Chrome
- Run the Google Chrome browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “More tools” and click on Extensions option.
- Choose the malicious extension and click the “trash can icon”.
Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From Mozilla Firefox
- Run the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “Add-ons” and click on “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-0n and click on the “Remove” button.
Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and Click on More Tools from button from upper right corner.
- Now choose “Extensions” option from drop down menu.
- Choose the unwanted extension and click on “Uninstall” button.
Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From Internet Explorer
- Run the Internet Explorer browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Now you have to select the “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-on and click the “Disable” button.
Step 6 – Remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware From Registry Editor
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “regedit” in Run Box and click OK button.
- Find and remove all Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware related entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Remove\Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware
Step 7 – Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware Popups on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note :- If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose the Automatic Malware Scanner to detect the infection on your computer.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware In Future
To avoid Funnybtc@airmail.cc Xcry ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your system:
– You should always select Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck all hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.