.devil File Virus Description
.devil File Virus is a notorious computer threat made by hackers for extorting money from users. It is a file encrypting malware that belongs to Ransomware community. It is designed to intrude the targeted PC secretly and lock all the files available on that machine. It is able to infect any Windows based computer including Windows 10 and all its previous versions very easily. Usually, .devil File Virus sneak into your system silently when you visit porn sites, download cracked software, install freeware or open spam emails attachments. Once inside, it will start making several unwanted and malicious changes into your system. It also disable your antivirus and firewall security to stay undetected on your system. Soon .devil File Virus will lock all your personal files, videos, images, audios, doc files, ppt, excel sheets, html, xml and everything. It will rename all your files and add its own extension to the file names as its signature.
After successful encryption, .devil File Virus will leave a ransom note on your computer that explains the motive behind the attack. You will not be able to access your files and whenever you try to open them that ransom note will get open. It will ask that all your files are encrypting and can only be unlocked by a private decryption key. It will ask you to transfer huge ransom money through BitCoin to get that decryption key. Whereas it is not sure that after paying ransom money, .devil File Virus will give you the decryption key. It is also not sure that decryption key will work. It is very likely that you will get a large amount of malware and spyware instead which will facilitate the hacker to collect your confidential information. Keep in mind that, paying money to the hacker may not restore your files, but can it gives hacker a chance to steal your banking details.
.devil File Virus is really a very dangerous malware and you should not play around with this threat. You must be careful when you detect this infection for the first time on your system. You should immediately take a backup of all your infected files and upload them any cloud storage. Then after you should try removing .devil File Virus completely from your system. Once you remove this infection then you should try to recover your files using any Data recovery software. If it doesn’t work then don’t worry because many security companies often release decryptors of nasty ransomware infections after some time. So keep your files safe until you find the right decryptor. So we suggest to read this guide and follow the instructions to remove .devil File Virus from your computer.
File Recovery – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- Click on below button to download Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- Once you install this programs, click on “Start Scan” button to detect files.
- After complete detection, click on Recover button to get your files back.
Remove .devil File Virus From PC
.devil File Virus infection is a pernicious and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. Keep in mind that this virus may have created its several copies and distributed into different locations on your system under different names. It is quite important to delete all those files to get rid of this nasty .devil File Virus. Manual Removal can be hectic and take lots of time to detect the threat. So we suggest you to try Automatic Malware scanner to see if it can detect the virus for you which will save your time. Manual process is good but not so effective in most of the cases. Any slight mistake during the process can permanently damage your Operating System.So you should try the Automatic Anti-malware scanner for more accuracy and quick results. The trial version of the software is free to download and scan your computer, but if it detects the malware, you will need to register full version to remove the virus.
Manual Removal Tips
Step 1 – Start PC in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Windows Key and R” buttons together on keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and click OK button.
- You will find “System configuration box” on your screen.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Ok”.
Step 2 – Kill .devil File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “taskmgr” into Run box and click OK button.
- Select unknown process and click on “Go to Details”.
- Select “process” and click on End Process button.
Step 3 – Remove .devil File Virus From Control Panel
Remove .devil File Virus from Windows XP
- Click on Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the .devil File Virus related program from the list and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall .devil File Virus from Windows Vista
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select .devil File Virus and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall .devil File Virus from Windows 7
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program menu click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the .devil File Virus related malicious program . Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall .devil File Virus from Windows 8
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all harmful programs installed in your system.
Uninstall .devil File Virus from Windows 10
- In Start Menu search for Settings Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the .devil File Virus related malicious program from the list and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Find and delete malicious files generated by Virus in the paths listed below:
Step 5 – Remove .devil File Virus Extension From Browser
Remove .devil File Virus From Google Chrome
- Run the Google Chrome browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “More tools” and click on Extensions option.
- Choose the malicious extension and click the “trash can icon”.
Remove .devil File Virus From Mozilla Firefox
- Run the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “Add-ons” and click on “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-0n and click on the “Remove” button.
Remove .devil File Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and Click on More Tools from button from upper right corner.
- Now choose “Extensions” option from drop down menu.
- Choose the unwanted extension and click on “Uninstall” button.
Remove .devil File Virus From Internet Explorer
- Run the Internet Explorer browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Now you have to select the “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-on and click the “Disable” button.
Step 6 – Remove .devil File Virus From Registry Editor
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “regedit” in Run Box and click OK button.
- Find and remove all .devil File Virus related entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.devil File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Remove\.devil File Virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.devil File Virus
Step 7 – Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted .devil File Virus Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted .devil File Virus Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted .devil File Virus Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted .devil File Virus Popups on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note :- If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove .devil File Virus infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose the Automatic Malware Scanner to detect the infection on your computer.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .devil File Virus In Future
To avoid .devil File Virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your system:
– You should always select Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck all hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.