History Wipe Clean is another noxious computer infection created by hackers. It is an advertisement based malware program that show third party ads on the infected machine. It mostly enter your computer bundled with freeware programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware, torrent files, fake updates and misleading ads. Once inside your computer, it will firstly attack your main web browser and modify its settings. History Wipe Clean virus can work with Google Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, IE, opera and other famous web browsers. It can make unwanted changes in your browser and install some malicious extensions or add-ons without permission. It can change the homepage and search engine of your browser without your consent and won’t let you reverse the changes. History Wipe Clean will bombard your computer with lots of annoying ads, banners, pop-ups, offers etc. that will downgrade your browsing experience.
History Wipe Clean is not a legitimate application and got illegally on your system. It can hide deep into your computer to avoid its detection. It is also possible that it can disable your anti-virus and firewall security to avoid its removal. It is mainly aimed to promote dubious websites and products by showing excessive ads on your computer. History Wipe Clean only wants to earn profit for its creator but it can highly damage your computer in the process. It can also track your online activities and browsing history to collect your personal information. It can steal your credit card number, social media details, login ID, passwords etc. and send to hackers. What’s more, it can also create loopholes on your system that can be used by other threats and cyber crooks. It is advised to quickly remove History Wipe Clean infection from your computer.
Harmful Effects of History Wipe Clean
- It can infect your PC and hijack your main browser.
- It can show lots of annoying ads on your system.
- It can disable your anti-virus and firewall security.
- It can create new registry keys for auto startup.
- It can slow down your PC and Internet speed.
- It can steal your personal and financial details.
- It can risk your system and personal security.
Remove History Wipe Clean From PC
History Wipe Clean infection is a pernicious and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. Keep in mind that this virus may have created its several copies and distributed into different locations on your system under different names. It is quite important to delete all those files to get rid of this nasty History Wipe Clean. Manual Removal can be hectic and take lots of time to detect the threat. So we suggest you to try Automatic Malware scanner to see if it can detect the virus for you which will save your time. Manual process is good but not so effective in most of the cases. Any slight mistake during the process can permanently damage your Operating System.So you should try the Automatic Anti-malware scanner for more accuracy and quick results. The trial version of the software is free to download and scan your computer, but if it detects the malware, you will need to register full version to remove the virus.
Manual Removal Tips
Step 1 – Start PC in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Windows Key and R” buttons together on keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and click OK button.
- You will find “System configuration box” on your screen.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Ok”.
Step 2 – Kill History Wipe Clean Related Process From Task Manager
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “taskmgr” into Run box and click OK button.
- Select unknown process and click on “Go to Details”.
- Select “process” and click on End Process button.
Step 3 – Remove History Wipe Clean From Control Panel
Remove History Wipe Clean from Windows XP
- Click on Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the History Wipe Clean related program from the list and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall History Wipe Clean from Windows Vista
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select History Wipe Clean and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall History Wipe Clean from Windows 7
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program menu click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the History Wipe Clean related malicious program . Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall History Wipe Clean from Windows 8
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all harmful programs installed in your system.
Uninstall History Wipe Clean from Windows 10
- In Start Menu search for Settings Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the History Wipe Clean related malicious program from the list and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Find and delete malicious files generated by Virus in the paths listed below:
Step 5 – Remove History Wipe Clean Extension From Browser
Remove History Wipe Clean From Google Chrome
- Run the Google Chrome browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “More tools” and click on Extensions option.
- Choose the malicious extension and click the “trash can icon”.
Remove History Wipe Clean From Mozilla Firefox
- Run the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Select “Add-ons” and click on “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-0n and click on the “Remove” button.
Remove History Wipe Clean From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and Click on More Tools from button from upper right corner.
- Now choose “Extensions” option from drop down menu.
- Choose the unwanted extension and click on “Uninstall” button.
Remove History Wipe Clean From Internet Explorer
- Run the Internet Explorer browser and click on “Menu” button from upper right corner.
- Now you have to select the “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-on and click the “Disable” button.
Step 6 – Remove History Wipe Clean From Registry Editor
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “regedit” in Run Box and click OK button.
- Find and remove all History Wipe Clean related entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\History Wipe Clean
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Remove\History Wipe Clean
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\History Wipe Clean
Step 7 – Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted History Wipe Clean Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted History Wipe Clean Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted History Wipe Clean Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted History Wipe Clean Popups on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note :- If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove History Wipe Clean infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose the Automatic Malware Scanner to detect the infection on your computer.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent History Wipe Clean In Future
To avoid History Wipe Clean coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your system:
– You should always select Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck all hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.