.copa File Virus is the recent addition to the STOP Ransomware group. It is noxious data locker malware that can intrude your PC without permission and encode all your files using a powerful encryption algorithm. Upon successful encryption of your files, it will add .copa extension to the end of all your file names. For an example, the file “myphoto.jpg” when encoded by copa virus, will get converted in to “myphoto.jpg.copa” and you will need a private decryption key to access such files. This dubious threat will also leave “_Readme.txt” ransom note in every folder to demand ransom money in return of that decryption key.
.copa File Virus is a destructive Ransomware infection. It is real threat for any Windows computer system. It is pernicious file encrypting virus that can intrude your computer very easily. This malign threat can invade your system security without permission and take your files on hostage. The main motive of cyber crooks behind this dubious ransomware infection is to make illegal profit by luring innocent PC users. Once installed on your system, this nasty .copa File Virus will scan your PC your files and encrypt all your data. It is able to infect all kind of system files including videos, images, audios, MS word documents, excel files, ppt, pdf, txt, html and many more.
.copa File Virus : Threat Analysis
|Name||copa Ransomware, .copa File Virus, .copa Extension Virus|
|Family||STOP (Djvu) Ransomware|
|Ransom Amount||$490 – $980 USD in BitCoins|
|Short Description||copa Ransomware encrypt all your files by adding .copa extension and demand ransom money to give decryption key.|
|Symptoms||You will not be able to access any files on your system. You will find Ransom note in each folder demanding money.|
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches|
|Removal Tool||Download Automatic Malware Removal Tool|
|Data Recovery||Download Data Recovery Pro Now|
This harmful .copa File Virus mainly get delivered to the infected computer through spam emails. This is the most used method for spreading viruses and malware. It is one of the oldest methods used by cyber criminals and still it is effective. You should not open any suspicious email from unknown sender that contain any attachment. Your system can also get infected by this threat when you browse to malicious website or use drive by download websites. Apart from this, .copa File Virus can also get distributed via Trojan downloaders and other malicious threat that inject viruses on the compromised machine.
Once installed on your system, .copa File Virus will encrypt all your data. This dubious threat will change the desktop background of your computer to notify you about the encryption. It will also leave a ransom note on your computer screen in html or text format to inform you about the decryption. It will ask you to pay the ransom money withing fixed time to get your files. Hackers behind .copa File Virus will also threat users to delete the decryption key permanently if they don’t pay the money, so they can never restore their files but even after paying the ransom money, they will not give users the decryption key. You should not encourage hackers by paying the ransom. This nasty threat will not decrypt your files after getting paid. Hackers behind this threat are only interested in your money and once you pay them, you will become their regular victim. Threats like this uses multiple variants to extort money from same victims again and again. Take a look on the ransom note left by .copa File Virus on your system:
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your computer is infected by .copa File Virus and all your files are encrypted, then first of all make backup of all your encrypted data on any cloud drive for safety. Now you should firstly consider deleting this nasty ransomware infection completely from your system then after you can try other alternative data recovery methods. Usually it is not easy to recover encrypted files because the algorithm used by hackers are quite strong but data recovery software also use very sophisticated level of hard drive scanning. Data recovery pro is a powerful software which can even recover files from formatted or corrupt drives, and it has proven that it is quite effective in ransomware attack situation also. You can give it a try and if it is not able to recover all your files, you can wait for any decryptor to be launched in future as you have backup of encrypted files. So follow this guide to remove .copa File Virus and recover your files without paying ransom money to hackers.
File Recovery – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- Click on below button to download Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- Once you install this programs, click on “Start Scan” button to detect files.
- After complete detection, click on Recover button to get your files back.
Remove .copa File Virus From PC
.copa File Virus infection is a pernicious and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems into your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. Keep in mind that this virus may have created its several copies and distributed into different locations on your system under different names. It is quite important to delete all those files to get rid of this nasty .copa File Virus. Manual Removal can be hectic and take lots of time to detect the threat. So we suggest you to try Automatic Malware scanner to see if it can detect the virus for you which will save your time. Manual process is good but not so effective in most of the cases. Any slight mistake during the process can permanently damage your Operating System.So you should try the Automatic Anti-malware scanner for more accuracy and quick results. The trial version of the software is free to download and scan your computer, but if it detects the malware, you will need to register full version to remove the virus.
Manual Removal Tips
Step 1 – Start PC in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Windows Key and R” buttons together on keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and click OK button.
- You will find “System configuration box” on your screen.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Ok”.
Step 2 – Kill .copa File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “taskmgr” into Run box and click OK button.
- Select unknown process and click on “Go to Details”.
- Select “process” and click on End Process button.
Step 3 – Remove .copa File Virus From Control Panel
Remove .copa File Virus from Windows XP
- Click on Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the .copa File Virus related program from the list and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall .copa File Virus from Windows Vista
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select .copa File Virus and make a copat click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall .copa File Virus from Windows 7
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program menu click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the .copa File Virus related malicious program . Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall .copa File Virus from Windows 8
- From copat corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all harmful programs installed in your system.
Uninstall .copa File Virus from Windows 10
- In Start Menu search for Settings Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the .copa File Virus related malicious program from the list and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Find and delete malicious files generated by Virus in the paths listed below:
Step 5 – Remove .copa File Virus Extension From Browser
Remove .copa File Virus From Google Chrome
- Run the Google Chrome browser and click on “Menu” button from upper copat corner.
- Select “More tools” and click on Extensions option.
- Choose the malicious extension and click the “trash can icon”.
Remove .copa File Virus From Mozilla Firefox
- Run the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on “Menu” button from upper copat corner.
- Select “Add-ons” and click on “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-0n and click on the “Remove” button.
Remove .copa File Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and Click on More Tools from button from upper copat corner.
- Now choose “Extensions” option from drop down menu.
- Choose the unwanted extension and click on “Uninstall” button.
Remove .copa File Virus From Internet Explorer
- Run the Internet Explorer browser and click on “Menu” button from upper copat corner.
- Now you have to select the “manage Add-ons” option.
- Choose the malicious add-on and click the “Disable” button.
Step 6 – Remove .copa File Virus From Registry Editor
- Click on “Windows and R” keys together on keyboard.
- Type “regedit” in Run Box and click OK button.
- Find and remove all .copa File Virus related entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.copa File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Remove\.copa File Virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.copa File Virus
Step 7 – Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted .copa File Virus Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top copat corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Unwanted .copa File Virus Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top copat corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Block Unwanted .copa File Virus Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Block Unwanted .copa File Virus Popups on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Note :- If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove .copa File Virus infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose the Automatic Malware Scanner to detect the infection on your computer.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .copa File Virus In Future
To avoid .copa File Virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your system:
– You should always select Custom Installation no matter what software you are going to install;
– Uncheck all hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
– Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you open them;
– Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails;
– Do not visit adult / porn websites;
– Do not update any app from nonofficial websites.